It's that time of year again, when I get the itch to move. We were never supposed to stay in this place as long as we have. I have been ready to move since shortly after we moved in here. But, we've needed the space, the price was right, and the school was going to be perfect for A. All of this led to us staying here this long. With it just being us now, and no schools to worry about other than ours, we're both ready to move.
We're at the half way point in our time here in TaIIahassee. We've been here three years this Fall and we have about three, maybe four, more years to go before we both graduate and move out of state. I feel like if we don't move this year, we will end up staying here for the rest of our time here, because what's the point for only moving for a year or two.
Having said all of this, the thought of doing the most of the packing and moving while attending school fulltime is enough to send me over the edge. (I love NYEBoy, but he won't help much even if he says he will.) And even before that, the thought of searching the listings and going to see place after place is exhausting as well.
We did go driving around a few weeks ago and found an apartment that was really nice. The only downside is that it's a 50% increase in our monthly rent compared to what we are paying now. We can afford it, but it is still a pretty big, noticeable increase. As well, it's even further away from our schools, mine specifically. Having said that, I'm only going to be at my school one more year before NYEBoy and I are both at the same University, so that's something to think about. For now, it's my second to last option, with the last option being staying where we are.
We're also in a struggle that some places are ready now and some places aren't until or lease is up. The problem with having to wait until August is that everyone in their brother will be moving then. I would love to be able to get out of our lease if we could find the place and get it okay'd with out leasing management, but I'm not sure if either are possible. The other downside is that I will be going to BlogHer and that's the same weekend everyone is moving. So I'll either be faced with it moving right before or as soon as I get back. It just sounds so exhausting.
I'm not sure what's going to happen, but we're looking anyway. I've made us an appointment to go see a place this Sunday. Of course it's availble now, so if we like it, we have issues to deal with, but whatever. If it's meant to be, it will be, or something like that.