I called K this morning and afternoon to talk to her and feel her emotions out. I finally called at noon to tell her we had an appointment scheduled at 3. I told her that she and I could go alone. No need for any drama. She told me to call her at 2 and she would decide.
I called her at 2 and she said she wasn't going to sign. She told me to do what we have to do, but that she doesn't have anything better to do than to work and wait for papers to get served because "it is what it is".
So, game is on. We're filing for custody. It's sad, but she's made this choice. We gave her two options, one was the easy way, the other would hurt her more in the end. I can't make her choose the "easy" option.
I think she's trying to see if we're bluffing. We're not. Game on.