Okay, I can't keep quiet any longer. In honor of my 800th post, I'm going to list 8 things I wish I could say to the Octuplet Mom.
1. People are not up in arms about you being a single mother. You're not the first single woman to have gone through IVF to become a mother. I don't even think being single and doing IVF makes any woman irresponsible. I do however, think you are irresponsible for being a single mother with six children and deciding to do IVF to have more. You're a disgrace to any single woman who has or is trying to go through IVF to become a mother.
2. You are absolutely selfish. You have not once put your children's needs before your own selfish desires to fulfill this magical baby quota. Your children don't deserve siblings, they deserve a mother who is going to care of them. Being a 70 year old mother of six with regrets about not using those last '6' embryos is a far cry from the regret you are probably about to experience as a mother of fourteen and no real means to support them. You're a disgrace to your children.
3. Your doctor was absolutely 100% unprofessional. I don't give a shit what risk he informed you about or what you agreed to. Transferring six embryos into a mother of 6 under 7 is absolutely irresponsible. I do hope the state of California looks in to your case and revokes his license. You're a disgrace for anyone going through IVF.
4. Your smirks, lips, and nose are ridiculous. You have not awaken to reality, yet. I would love to see the smirk on your face 24 hours after arriving home with all eight babies. Who the hell has time to get their lips injected and nails done when they have eight micro-preemies in the NICU and six other children being taken care of by your parents? Oh, right, an attention seeker. You're a disgrace to yourself.
5. If your parents raised you so poorly, why are they the only ones taking care of you and your children? Stop taking advantage of your family. They have been begging you for years to stop having more. They just wanted you to take care of the ones you had. Your parents will probably stick around, after all, if they don't, who will? They are too old to have to be taking care of you and your 14 children under 7. You're a disgrace to your parents.
6. I have to laugh at the thought of you finishing school next year. There is no way you will be able to successfully raise 14 children under 7 and attend school, much less graduate. In your head it sounds like the perfect plan, but it's not reality, honey. You're a disgrace to parents juggling school and family.
7. Although we are not sure exactly of the relationship between you and the sperm donor, I can only say how I feel about him knowing what we do, now. Leave him alone. Stop hoping that one day he will come around, that's not what a sperm donor is. You're a disgrace to sperm donors.
8. How dare you expect anyone else to donate to your cause or to pay your bills. You assumed those risks when you did the treatments again. You've made your bed, now lie in it. You're a disgrace to people who actually need help because of things out of their control.
This lady makes me ill and it's not because I'm a jealous, childless infertile. I feel incredibly sorry for her parents and her children.