So here is the low down...
- Only 15 minutes from work (they are in the middle of expanding the 2 lane road to a 4 lane road, so not too much longer and it may be even less! But still far enough away from the crime.)
- It has a pool. Yes, I've always wanted one!
- It's a very large first time home for us.
- 3 Bedrooms (Master, Office, &
- 1.5 acres (I can finally plant a garden!!!)
- Huge master bathroom.
- Even huger master bedroom.
- The neighborhood seems to be okay, neighbor across the street is very nice.
- Lots of windows.
- Storage shed/unit.
- The deck around the pool will probably need to be redone within the next year or two.
- 1.5 acres (Who in the fuck is going to mow all that???)
- It needs a lot of work, although it's totally ready to be moved in to, there are a lot of things I am so picky about that I want to change!
- The laundry room is so tiny.
- Paint. It needs
five-hundred-billion-gallonslots of paint.
- They just reduced the price, and their realtor said they will not pay closing at the asking price.
- The income taxes for working in one state vs. living in another, suck!
- The interest rate is 1.1% more than what we would pay if we bought in TN.
- It will now take at least an hour to get to my grandma's, with no traffic. Sigh.
The bottom line?
I am in love with the house, despite it's blemishes. Oh yeah, M is too! So, tomorrow we will submit a contract for asking price, if they pay closing. If they say No? We will see what they offer and go from there.
If it's our time, it's our time.
But, are we due?